You know who we’re talking about. Môreson Mata Mata, of course. The colder months are upon us, and with it so are many nights in front of the fireplace (or braai for that matter).
Let’s face it; you’re going to need to be prepared. No one wants to go out in the rain to buy wine. Here are three reasons why the Môreson Mata Mata is the ultimate fireplace wine.
1. It’s a high quality wine at a very reasonable price, means you get way more bang for your buck, and can maximise on those winter nights!
2. This full-bodied and balanced red wine is a crowd pleaser- so whomever you’re sharing your fireplace with—we can guarantee they’ll be chuffed.
3. It’s really, really photogenic in front of roaring flame, don’t you think?
Recipe: Mulled Miss Molly
Make this on the braai in a potjie pot for a South African slant on traditional mulled wine.
Tip: let it warm up gently, and cook slowly. Never boil.
- 2 bottles of Miss Molly in My Bed
- 2 naartjies or oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 200 g caster sugar
- 6 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 1 whole nutmeg , for grating
- 1 vanilla pod , halved lengthways
- 2 star anise
Put the sugar in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Peel naartjie or oranges and add to the saucepan. Juice of the fruit and add that too.
Then: cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, star anise a pinch of grated nutmeg and the halved vanilla pod. Then stir in the red wine.
Bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Ladle into glasses and feel yourself quickly getting red-cheeked!